- Promotion Since 2009: 61 teachers have been promoted in different departments at different times.
- Courses Launched: D-Ortho courses were launched in July 2016 and DGO courses in July 2020.
- Increase in the number of seats: Till 2009 the number of seats was 105. The number of seats has increased to 160 at different times.
- Transfer to own permanent campus: On 01/08/2018, FMC was shifted from MATS building to its own permanent campus.
- Name change: Faridpur Medical College was renamed to "Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical College, Faridpur" on 04/04/2021.
Post Graduation Degrees of BSMMC are recognized by BSMMU, Dhaka University and BCPS
Planning and Developmental Activities
- A mega project is underway (copy attached) to transform the college campus into a modern, visionary campus.
- Mujib Pushpa Kanan
- Bangabandhu Corner
- Bonus Library
- Full campus is under CC camera surveillance
- All campuses including academic buildings, dormitories and dormitories are covered by high speed fiber network.
- Launched 2 e-classrooms
- Launched PCR Lab
- Establishment of advanced microbiology labs
- Establishment of modern training rooms
- Modernization of waste management.
- Workshop on Teachers' Research Methodology.
- Regular workshops on teaching methodology.
- In the last 12 years, 64 (eighty four) studies have been completed and it has also been published in journal.